SUMMER 2015 FIELD COURSE OFFERINGS
April 8th and 9th – The Department will be hosting Arcadis environmental consultancy
Sid Glenn and Adam Gersh, recruiters with Arcadis, will be in the Department on April 8th and 9th to conduct job interviews with graduate and undergraduate students.
Interviews will be held in Room 432 in MSBII, 12-5 pm on the 8th, 8:00-noon on the 9th. Job descriptions are posted here.
Curiosity Rover On Mars
IU on Mars: David Bish and Juergen Schieber article on Inside IU Bloomington
NASA: Latest News from Mars
Finding life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
Faculty links: David Bish | Juergen Schieber | CheMin PPT
News and Events
G420 Regional Tectonic field trip: May 10-23, 2015. A regional tectonic field course across the Appalachians from central Pennsylvania to Boston crossing many suspect terranes is being offered. More information.
Would you like to donate to IU Geological Sciences? Click on the "Give Now" button to view all the funding choices, including the Excellence in Geology Fund and the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship in Geological Sciences
Research Focus Sites
OIINK Seismic Research Experiment
Shale Research Lab
Organic Matter from the Santa Barbara Basin
Southern Caribbean Plate Boundary Studies
Exploring Deep-Subsurface Life Podcasts
South Aegean Volcanic Arc Database
Professional Societies, Student Chapters
- GRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Graduate Student 2014-2015 Handbook and Forms
- Travel Request Forms
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies,
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Academic Advisor. HOURS: Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only. Make appointments at StarNet
- Undergraduate classes in geological sciences.
- Summer 2015 Geosciences Schedule of Classes
- April 6: Berry Lyons, The Ohio State University. Title: The Hydrology and Aquatic Geochemistry of the McMurdo dry Valleys, Antarctica
4:00 p.m. GY143. Refreshments served at 3:30 in the Geology lobby. more