SUMMER 2015 FIELD COURSE OFFERINGS
Michael Hamburger Named Jefferson Science Fellow
From the IU Newsroom: Indiana University Bloomington geologist Michael Hamburger has been named a 2015-16 Jefferson Science Fellow. He will spend the academic year in Washington, D.C., working on science policy issues with the U.S. State Department or the U.S. Agency for International Development.
The Jefferson Science Fellowship Program is a competitive program that selects midcareer and senior scientists to work as science advisors on foreign policy issues. Administered by the National Academy of Sciences, the program builds capacity for science expertise within the federal government. Read the article
Curiosity Rover On Mars
IU on Mars: David Bish and Juergen Schieber article on Inside IU Bloomington
NASA: Latest News from Mars
Finding life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
Faculty links: David Bish | Juergen Schieber | CheMin PPT
News and Events
Would you like to donate to IU Geological Sciences? Click on the "Give Now" button to view all the funding choices, including the Excellence in Geology Fund and the Mary Iverson Graduate Fellowship in Geological Sciences
Research Focus Sites
OIINK Seismic Research Experiment
Shale Research Lab
Organic Matter from the Santa Barbara Basin
Southern Caribbean Plate Boundary Studies
Exploring Deep-Subsurface Life Podcasts
South Aegean Volcanic Arc Database
Professional Societies, Student Chapters
- GRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Kaj Johnson, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Graduate Student 2014-2015 Handbook and Forms
- Travel Request Forms
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies,
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Academic Advisor. HOURS: Mondays and Thursdays, by appointment only. Make appointments at StarNet
- Undergraduate classes in geological sciences.
- Fall 2015 Geosciences Schedule of Classes
- April 30 Brown bag seminar: Professor David Thomson, Queen’s University, Ontario, and Dr. Frank Vernon from Scripps Institute of Oceanography. Title: Earth’s Hum Comes from the Sun.
12:15-1:30, Room S201
- Colloquia will resume in the fall.