A SAMPLING OF PROJECTS AND OUTREACH IN THE DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGICAL SCIENCES
2013 Graduates view slides
Curiosity Rover On Mars
IU geologists David Bish and Juergen Schieber analyze data from Curiosity's instruments. more
IU on Mars – David Bish and Juergen Schieber article on Inside IU Bloomington
NASA: Latest News from Mars
Faculty links: David Bish | Juergen Schieber | CheMin PPT
- The mystery of "eternal flames." Agnieszka Drobniak, research scientist with the Indiana Geological Survey, and Arndt Schimmelmann, senior scientist in the Department of Geological Sciences, co-authored a paper on "eternal flames" fuled by hydrocarbon gas. more
- Summer courses begin on June 30 at the IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station more
GeoSci Research Focus Sites
- Organic Matter from the Santa Barbara Basin
- Southern Caribbean Plate Boundary Studies
- Exploring Deep-Subsurface Life Podcasts
- South Aegean Volcanic Arc Database
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- BSES Program Website
- The Geology Library
- The Indiana Geological Survey
- Sigma Gamma Epsilon
- SEG–IU Student Chapter
- GRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Graduate Student 2012-2013 Handbook and Annual Review forms
- Student Travel Support Request Form
- Sigma Gamma Epsilon
- Society of Economic Geologists–IU Student Chapter
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies,
- Carlin C. Schrag Undergraduate Academic Advisor.
- Undergraduate classes in geological sciences. Most of these courses fulfill the Natural and Mathematical Sciences requirements.
- Summer 2013 Geosciences Schedule of Classes
- Tuesday May 21 Dr. Ronald Counts, U.S. Geological Survey Title: "Late Quaternary landscape evolution and tectonic geomorphology of the lower Ohio River valley." 3 p.m., Gill Center in MSB II
- Wednesday May 22 Ms. Melinda Higley, Illinois State Geological Survey Title: "A subsurface investigation of a glacial lake shoreline in Northwest Ohio." 3 p.m., Patton Room, S201, Geological Survey
- Friday, May 24 Dr. Henry Loope, University of Wisconsin Title: "Glacial stratigraphy and deglacial chronology of the Laurentide Ice Sheet, western Thunder Bay lowland, northwest Ontario, Canada." 3 p.m., Patton Room, S201, Geological Survey.
- Summer 2013 Department Colloquia will resume in the fall.