- Prospective Graduate Students |
- Simon Brassell, Director of Graduate Studies.
- Gary Pavlis, Director of Graduate Admissions.
- Grad Student 2015-2016 Handbook and Forms
- Prospective Undergraduate Students |
- Jim Brophy, Director of Undergraduate Studies
- Kathy Davis Undergraduate Advisor
- 2015-16 Department Directory | (PDF)
- Hoosier Geologic Record
- BSES Program
- Indiana Geological Survey
- IU Judson Mead Geologic Field Station
- Geological Sciences Library Resources
News and Announcements
IU Paleontology Collection Open House
April 30, 2016: The Department of Geological Sciences is hosting an Open House to celebrate the re-opening of the Indiana University Paleontology Collection. The event on April 30 will be open to the general public, and will feature Dr. Bill Ausich, a noted paleongologist and IU Alumnus as the keynote speaker. The Collection is a research-focused repository for fossil specimens from Indiana and around the world operated by the Department of Geological Sciences, and is now housed on the 5th floor of the Geology building. More information and schedule of activities.Also, read an article in Inside IU Bloomington
Curiosity Rover: IU Geological Sciences Mars research
- NASA: Latest News from Mars
- Looking for life beyond Earth: JPL | NASA | NOVA
- Faculty links: Juergen Schieber
Events and Outreach
- April 30: IU Paleontology Collection Open House. Activities for the public begin at 1:00 p.m. in the Geology building lobby.
- May 2: Final exam week, no colloquium. Colloquia will resume in the fall.
Sigma Gamma Eplilon offers Tutoring In Geological Sciences
SGE tutoring sessions are held every Monday, 5-7 pm in G220. Contact Jeremiah Mickey for more information.